Aviation VHF Band (118-137MHz) & Marine VHF Band (155-157MHz)
Two basic configurations are available depending on your installation. The base unit comes with or without a small aluminum case which is great for indoor installations where space is the primary concern. The standard configuration is for outdoor operation and comes with either steel or fiberglass NEMA enclosures. Each radio control unit comes with one relay. Additional relays may be purchased separately. The M2115RCU is suitable our outdoor operation in temperatures from +85 degrees C to -40 degrees C. Additional features you can add include, lightning protection, surge protection, antennas & coaxial cable.Features:
- Can be configured for one, two or three relays.
- Sensitivity adjustment potentiometer.
- Test button to test controller circuits and relay operation.
- 8-position Dip Switch to set configuration options.
- 8 different time-out values up to 1 hour. (Also available in 8 hr and 12 hour time outs.)
- Relay status LED’s.
- Factory configured power from any source available from AC (operates from 115VAC or 230VAC) or DC (operates from 10 volts to 12V or 24V battery or solar panel).
- Relays automatically re-energized when power is restored after power loss.
- Channel spacing of 25 KHz for USA use and 8.33 KHz for use in Europe.
- Field programmable operating frequency software included.
- Frequency Range: 118.000 to 136.975 MHz aeronautical band 156.050 to 157.425 MHz Marine
- Sensitivity Adjustment: (<5uv to > 10,000 uv)
- Antenna Connector: (Aluminum Case: BNC connector, NEMA-4 enclosure has SO-239 connector. Both are 50 ohms)
Two types of antennas are recommended for radio controls. For installations where the unit is located indoors and the antenna needs to be mounted outdoors we suggest a base style antenna like the ASP7A and for installations utilizing NEMA 4 enclosures like the one used for the M2115RCU-FGC, we recommend connecting a whip antenna, as well as, if the unit is mounted on a solar panel and for self contained installations. Of course the ASP7A type antenna can be set-up anywhere to maximize antenna reception performance and minimize interference. For marine applications, please call.
The aviation band units were originally designed to meet the requirements of the Federal Aviation Administration’s Airport Runway Lighting Control program. The concept from it’s inception was to allow pilots to operate remote airfield runway lights from the aircraft where ground crews may not be available to monitor and control the lighting for night operations. Over time this equipment has found many additional uses including opening and closing hanger doors and operate other airfield equipment all without ground crew intervention or otherwise requiring the exiting of the aircraft. The Marine band version allows boat operators to operate horns, lights and other waterway markers from inside the vessel. These units are in use by both the US and Canadian Coast Guard for waterway navigational aids. Install with optional NEMA enclosures, three styles of antennas and several different power source options.
M2115RCU Settings Selection (Complete and submit with your order)