Mentor Radio offers a full line of durable, dependable base station radios
with long-term customer support.
Airports present many communication challenges. Many FBO’s and corporate flight departments use two different radio bands. The VHF radio is for aircraft/tower operation communications such as UNICOM or ARINC and for business communications they use a licensed UHF Land Mobile Radio (LMR)* to handle business to business (B2B) communications. Mentor Radio has designed the M2115 integrating both of these radio functions into one. With our LMR option* (Available in the near future) installed in the M2115, the unit can support many new functions utilizing both VHF and UHF. This option will provide simplex/duplex LMR functionality along with low-speed data providing on-board “live” GPS asset tracking along with business data between mobiles and the base station radio. There is a second USB, type B connector on the M2115 radio to allow you to connect to a laptop or other computing device allowing you to send data over this radio link.
- The M2115 can be used as either a mobile or a base station radio.
- New, unique features for ground support communications:
- Wireless headsets – The M2115 has a XLR connector that when used in conjunction with our adapter, available only thru Mentor Radio, (Option – xxx) from PRYMEBLU, allows the user to use wireless Bluetooth headsets of any style to stay in contact when outside of their vehicle. Noise protection wireless headsets are recommended for very noisy areas.
- User adjustable power – maintains optimal transmitter level.
- Connects to an external power amplifier, like Mentor Radio’s PA25, for even more power. When used with a PA25 the M2115 can transmit up to 25 Watts for better ARINC communications.
- GPS resource tracking (future option) – Two modes of operation, downloadable and live; live mode requires the second radio (LMR) to be installed.
- Provides for a low-cost/low-speed data path (future option)– When data connection between the mobile and the base station uses a LMR radio.
- The M2115 is a fully synthesized radio that uses:
- Dual conversion super heterodyne receiver circuitry utilizing frequency synthesis tuning. The M2115 offers excellent interference rejection while still providing superior weak signal sensitivity.
- Digital Signal Processing (DSP) providing digital modulation/demodulation with enhanced digital filtering. The M2115 can receive amplitude modulated (AM) signals along with digital VHF data.
- Microcontroller controlled user input and output.
- Software security is incorporated to help prevent transmissions on unauthorized frequencies. Channel configuration is user password protected with a maximum of 64 authorized users. Once the configuration is protected it cannot be changed except by authorized users.
- Built-in speaker. Mobile: 2″ x 2″ 4 Watt, Base Station: 50×90 mm 5 Watt.
- USB interfaces for added capability:
- One USB type A connector
- One USB type B connector:
- Laptops use to allow sending business data using optional LMR radio (future option).
- GPS data storage (future option): Laptops to receive GPS position data from radio for moving map applications, vehicle driver training, restricted area warnings, etc.
- Closed loop power control for maximum transmitter versatility to provide optimal transmitter signal while minimizing potential interference.
* Future Option